HAMILTON IS THE EXERCISE CITY
Hamilton is the Steel City! Hamilton is the Ambitious City! Hamilton is the city of Waterfalls! What Hamilton does not get enough attention for is all the amazing assets Hamilton beholds for people to exercise, workout and get active. I dare say that Hamilton has the most diverse exercise assets in the world. Hamilton is the Exercise City!
Think of all the parks we have: our waterfront, the trails, Sobi bikes, the escarpment, our streets and neighbourhoods. With so many unique places like these located in close proximity to one another, we need to highlight these assets and provide people with more ideas and information about how utilize them and reap the benefits of exercise.
That’s going to be Team Momentum’s goal over the course of the next six weeks. We have at least another 6 weeks of beautiful weather ahead, so let’s take advantage of these amazing assets and get moving outdoors.
We’ve identified our favourite assets based on geographical location and landscape so for the sake of this experience we’ll be focusing on:
- Conservation Areas, Trails & Waterfalls
- Streets & Neighbourhoods
- Momentum Fitness
- Tim Horton’s Field
At these places we’ll be hosting workouts as well as sharing content for you to try on your own. Here is a breakdown of some of the opportunities we’ve created for you:
- Sweat to Eat – Saturday, August 13th at 8AM
- Power Hour Workouts – Tuesday’s and Thursday’s at 630AM
- Group Sobi Bike Rides
- Pokemon GO Run Club
- and many more…
TRY THIS WORKOUT!
In the meantime, here is a quick workout that you can do at the Chedoke Escarpment Stairs:
- Walk, jog or run around each loop of railing until you get to half way (the large platform landing)
- Once on the landing, catch your breathe and then perform each exercise in the video (push ups on the railing, squats, step back lunges, knee drives, leg raises)
- Use the railing for balance
- Perform 10 reps for each exercise
- Walk, jog or run back to the bottom and repeat up to 4 sets